Architects Council of Europe
PRESS RELEASE – 05/2014
MANIFESTO OF THE ARCHITECTS COUNCIL OF EUROPE FOR THE 2014 EUROPEAN ELECTIONS
Nine proposals to promote responsible architecture, advance the highest professional standards and optimise professional mobility
Ahead of the forthcoming European Elections, the Architects’ Council of Europe has launched its Manifesto calling on future MEPs to commit to promoting responsible architecture, advancing highest professional standards and optimising professional mobility.
Since 2008, the construction sector has been severely impacted by the economic crisis. The first encouraging signs of recovery of the architectural market have been observed in the latest ACE Economic Trend Surveys. Strong and targeted actions at EU level are necessary to create a coherent legislative framework, which will accelerate and consolidate this recovery.
With half a million practising architects in Europe, the architectural sector plays a key role in stimulating growth and creating jobs in the EU. Moreover, good architecture is essential to the well-being of European citizens and is vital in guaranteeing their safety, as well as a sustainable future for our society.
To this end, the ACE invites future MEPs to work with Architects to:
• reduce energy consumption in buildings;
• accelerate the renovation of the existing building stock;
• advocate quality-based selection and design competitions in public procurement;
• promote the importance of life-long learning;
• recognise the social, economic and public value of architecture and the profession;
• encourage investment in education to deliver high quality, globally competitive graduates;
• align levels of training in architecture with international standards;
• facilitate cross-border services and establishment, but resist undue deregulation that blurs professional boundaries and undermines public confidence;
• support the negotiation of mutual recognition agreements for architectural services between the EU and third countries.
Read the ACE Manifesto on the ACE website.
Публикации по теме
Андрей Боков принял решение баллотироваться в члены Общественной палаты Российской Федерации.
Программа работы III пленума Союза Архитекторов России
Санкт-Петербургский смотр – конкурс лучших архитектурных произведений «АРХИТЕКТОН 2013»